Change has long been the only stable phenomenon in our lives. This is also true for e-commerce, which has been taking a tangible share of retail sales around the world for a number of years now.
Over the last twelve months, user behaviour online has changed dramatically and evolved in the most unexpected ways. The new Digital 2023 Global Report demonstrates this. In numbers, it is easier to present the changes in global online trends.
- At the beginning of 2023, the global population reached 8.01 billion people.
- By the end of 2023, one in five sales will be made online.
- The number of internet users worldwide has increased by 1.9% in the last 12 months.
- At the beginning of 2023, a total of 5.44 billion people will be using mobile phones, representing 68% of the world's population.
- Today, there are 5.16 billion Internet users worldwide, which means that 64.4% of the world's population is now online.
- Just over 57% of the world's population now lives in cities.